Friday 8 June 2012

Updates!! Friday already! Time is flying by. So on Wednesday me and some other girls went to lunch at applebees which beautiful :) gave us a chance to have a look around and get to know each other. So then we had a thing to go to, which was held at vista way. Talk about paperwork :/ there are like different stations and you have to slowly move round them all. But at the end of it you left with a card. Your housing/bus ID which btw does have a photo on, mine is terrible but I'll upload a pic later anyways!!! This replaces your paper on you get on the first day!!! But it does make it seem more real! Haha then our stupid bus driver was late and didn't drop us off where we needed to be so we were 1/2 hr late for presentations, so we had to sneak in the back and stand up.....not cool! But the presentations were just general stuff about housing etc...phone numbers and upcoming events, for which we were all given a calendar to put up at home! After this we braved wal mart....huge mistake!!! Nearly cried in the milk isle, haha it's a long way there and a long way back, it was raing the buses are packed to the brim and there is a lot of waiting around, the food is all different, you can't carry all your bags and there heavy!!! Was a massive fail!!!! From now on I'm going to wheel my carry on bag down to publix and shop there!! This took so long that we missed a lot of our evening and were very tried but my flat ate invited me to go to downtown Disney for dinner so off we went, had a really good time, I love the atmosphere at dtd we ate at earl of sandwich, which is basically a posh subway!! Hahah after that I went straight to bed! The next day was a earlier start, down to the commons clubhouse. First we were all inspected to. Make Sure we complied with the 'Disney look'!!!! If you didn't you had that day to sort it out like dying hair etc.... Luckily I passed :) then we went into the room where we had to find out seat alphabetically!! Which was a wee bit confusing, but once I sat down and looked in front of me there it was Location: Magic Kingdom!!! Ahh was so excited to be working there. Then came paperwork, paperwork and a little more paperwork, they did treat us a ill bit like children when filling it in, but hey it all gets done, then we had some boring chat about immigration before we could go off for lunch, we decided to go to the food cour at the outlet centre as that just across the road from the commons, so that was niceeee then we walked down to t mobile to sort out American sim cards so we can contact each other easier, this got sorted fine :) now I'm in contact with the USA!! Hahah after this I went and soaked my feet in the pool for a bit, as they are soooo sore!! Then we had more paperwork time!!!! So we knew our traditions classes and found out a little more detail about our jobs I'm working in Fantasyland :) yay was very exciting, we got our initial training schedule and location I don't start till Tuesday which means plenty of time to have fun :) they talked to us about shoes and we got out payroll visa cards :) then it was time for a pool party!! Which was literally the most amazing thing ever!! Free dominos pizza, free drinks, music, dance floor and of course the pool!!! Hahaha it rained nearly the whole time but tbh I think it made it better as people didn't care and just got into it, my feet hurt from the dancing this morning tho haha but it was worth it was literally the best thing ever!!!! Then a few people came to chill At mine for a while before we all headed to bed! Today is traditions, so got my formal wear out and I. Ready for my namesake and pass :) yay I'll catch up later Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment